Welcome To Blog 376F!

I hope I get a good mark

Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's Almost Sunday

I would never speed, murder, or even take a penny from a fountain while being watched by this pole.










I was unaware or just ignorant to the fact that surveillance is an issue that not only has ethics and rules behind it, but that many people have substantially different views on the use of the technology. After reading Mann's paper last week I enjoyed his use of "getting back" on store owners and others for their use of surveillance on the public. I felt that his idea of the t-shirt/backpack camera was very far fetched and that many people will not follow in his way. The parody took away from his serious tone of the previous pages. Anyway, I look forward to learning more about surveillance in the future.

No comments: